Managerial Economics is the integration of economic theory with business practice to facilitate decision-making and forward planning by management.
The purpose of managerial economics is to show how economic analysis can be used in formulating business policies.
Earlier managerial economics was known as business economics. But in the present age, this word of managerial economics has become more popular.
Managerial Economics is the branch of economics.
It Including economic principles and concepts for the analysis and solution of management problems of businesses, organizations, and industries.
Managerial economics consists of the use of economic modes of thought to analyze business situations – problems in business economics.
Scope of Managerial Economics
Managerial economics has emerged as a new branch of knowledge and managerial economics is currently undergoing development.
Therefore, there was not much known about its area, but I am going to explain the areas which are usually seen.
Which proved to be very helpful to you.
1. Production and Cost Analysis
Managerial economics determines the quantity of production and analysis.
So the needs of its (product, planning of quantity of profit, pricing policy) are crucial for effective control of the firm.
Under the assumptions:
- Cost-average marginal cost expansion and variable costs,
- Short-term and long-term costs,
- Considerations of measuring procedures,
- Costs and relationships in production quantities,
- The process of the production process and equation point analysis, etc.
2. Demand Analysis and Forecasting
All the economic theories and perceptions related to the demand of the firm are studied and by analyzing the prospect,
the means of production are imposed in production work by making future projections of the demand.
- Demand rules,
- The elasticity of demand and interpretation of income effect,
- Replacement effects and price impact,
- Along with economic theory and psychological perception, and
- In external circumstances, the effect of demand is taken care of.
3. Price Policies and Practices
Pricing is a matter of paramount importance for any firm.
Because of the success of the firm’s benefit, the demand for the product depends a lot on it. including pricing, principles are examined in different conditions of the market:
- Full competition,
- Incomplete competition,
- One right, non-negotiable,
- Monopolistic competition,
- Value-related forecasts and sales problems are also analyzed under it.
Therefore, It also involves short-term and long-term pricing policies.
Thus, Useful in showing the path of economic well-being business economics inspires managers to operate the business in such a way that the path of maximum economic welfare is paved.
4. Profit Maximization or Profit Management
The purpose of each producer and the business firm is to maximize profit.
The amount of profit depends on the cost and cost.
Thus, managerial economics:
- The benefits of maximization and profit planning for the benefits,
- The nature of the assumptions and benefits,
- The measurement of profit.
- The appropriate benefits policy comes into the ordered zone.
5. Capital Management
Capital is the life of the modern business.
- Proper planning of capital loss,
- Proper planning of capital loss, and
- Effective control of the cost of capital to the managers. The calculation of the rate of profit received on it.
Thus, the evaluation of the discretion for the full election from the alternative expenditure of capital. And expenditure and Study of topics etc.
That is an important part of capital management in managerial economics.
The sources of capital known by the managers are used in the way of using those sources in the right way, and the firm is given the most benefit. This is all described in this area.
6. Project Evolution
When business projects are evaluated, the utility and poets of different schemes of business are traced.
So those deficiencies and utilities should be adjusted and used by making new rules.
Thus, the exchange analysis describes the use of self-proportionate means of measuring instruments based on demand and cost analysis. and equality in the value policy.
7. Industry and Trade Policies of Govt.
It does not come into the study area of managerial economics.
So is considered in the periphery of the field of managerial economics, which is as follows.
The government changes its business policies whether the central government, state govt., This change affects every business and firm.
That’s why it affects the managerial economy, it comes under this.
8. Macro Economics Factors
- The outside powers also influence the firm’s actions. There are many outside influences.
- The method of cost control and method of maximizing profit.
- Managerial economics has emerged as a new branch of knowledge and managerial economics is currently undergoing development.
- Therefore, there was not much known about its area. But I am going to explain the areas which are usually seen. Which proved to be very helpful to you.
- Example –
- Study of business cycles.
- Monetary policy,
- Foreign trade policy,
- Fiscal policy,
- General value level,
Thus, Management economics teaches us that any business is required to make proper management to move forward.
Nature of Managerial Economics
The practical use of economic principles in managerial economics is used to solve the future planning and problems of management.
So, it is considered to be an ideal combination of art and science.
Therefore, To know the nature of managerial economics, it is important to know whether it is science or art, or both.
As a Science
The ordering knowledge is called science, in which rules are made and the truth of the rules is examined.
On examining this matter, managerial economics seems like science, because it also has rules and principles.
These principles are discovered, and it is also suitable for predicting with orderly knowledge.
Part of ideal Economics
Real science then makes an absolute interpretation of causes and consequences. “What” and “What should be” ideal science is the bridge between both.
Thus, Like we told someone to do this work and how much you can do that work. And what we had, the ideal science shows us the difference between the two of them.
From this point of view, this is also true in managerial economics.
That is the anticipated work you do. And how much work we do, how much difference is there between them.
The task of finding both of them is also of managerial economics.
Thus, The ideal decision was taken by studying the economics of the egg. So that the ultimate purpose of the firm’s benefit maximization can be met.
This gives importance to policy-making rather than theoretical interpretation.
Thus, this is the ideal and policy science.
The process of doing any work in the best way is an art in managerial economics.
Such a manager moves the firm between many internal and adventure uncertainties.
Thus, She chooses only those instruments from the limited means of alternative use. Not only scholarly but also friendly conditions.
In managerial economics, managers have many methods in any form.
So, there is a means for doing any work. To do any work but to use the same methods and tools in them, which can bring maximum benefit to themselves and at least loss.
Now, It is clear from the appropriate explanation that due to the theory of managerial economics, it is a part of microeconomics.
Therefore, due to the strange mix of science and art in managerial economics, it is given the name of scientific art, it is both science and art.
Thus, managerial decision areas include:
- Assessment of investible funds.
- Selecting business areas.
- Choice of product.
- Determining the optimum output.
- Sales promotion.
Thus, the areas of managerial economics are now going through a developing phase and many of these students are there. Those who are still hidden from us.
But the managerial economics influences many facts of the profession and provides help in their development.
Leave a Reply