Everybody want to know Answers about similarities between bookkeeping and accounting or Relationship and Differences between Bookkeeping and Accounting. 🙂
Bookkeeping Means to keep books of Accounts according to the Certain Rules and Procedures adopted for the Maintenance of accounts for financial activities.
Thus, the bookkeeping is a part of Accounting wherein entry in Preliminary books of Accounts, classification, posting in Ledger, Preparation of Trial Balance it etc. is done.
Read more: Types or Sub-fields of Accounting.
“bookkeeping may be defined as the Science as well as the art of recording business transactions under appropriate accounts” – J.R. Batliboi
“bookkeeping is the Science and Art of correctly recording in books of accounting. all those business transactions that result in the transfer of money or money worth.
Generally, it may also be defined as the Art of Recording Mercantile Transaction in a Regular and Systematic manner the art of keeping Accounts in such a manner, that a man may know the truth that of his business and Property by an inspection of his books”. – R.N. Carter
Relationship and Differences between Bookkeeping and Accounting
On the basis of the above definitions, it is clear that bookkeeping is the Preliminary phase of Accounting but the difference between these is Traced as follows:
1. The scope of bookkeeping is limited up to keeping accounts of transaction but the scope of accounting is extensive in comparison to book-keeping. bookkeeping includes accounting.
2. bookkeeping is the basic organ of accounting and accounting depends on bookkeeping.
3. All business Organisation Adopt the Accounting Principles equally but some differences can be seen in the report of Accounting facts analysis and method of interpretations.
4. So Results of financial transactions are not known by bookkeeping but accounting shows the Result of business
5. The object of Bookkeeping is preparing Preliminary original books (journal, subsidiary books, and ledger) but object of accounting or Analysing and interpreting of Business Transaction.
6. bookkeeping is only an art of Accounts whereas Accounting makes it Mini full Meaningful and objectful.
7. there is no sub-field of bookkeeping but accounting has several sub-fields like financial accounting, Management Accounting, cost accounting.
Thus, the Relationship and Differences between Bookkeeping and Accounting can be depicted in the following chart as:
Accounting cycle is a complete sequence of accounting which starts from the recording of transaction or bookkeeping and ending with the preparation of final accounts.
Relationship/similarities between Bookkeeping Accounting and Accountancy
Normally these words are used interchangeably by students, thinking that all of them have the same meaning but this is not correct.
Under book-keeping following activities take place for maintenance of books of accounts:
- identification of transactions.
- measuring the transaction in terms of money.
- recording of the transaction and.
- classification of transactions.
Where function of book-keeping and accounting starts following activities are considered in Accounting:
- Communicates the Accounting information to the Users/Persons/Parties.
- Analysis and interpretation of financial statements.
- Preparation of final accounts in (summary).
Thus, Accountancy Represent the Systematic knowledge according to the 1. rules 2.regulations 3.procedures 4.principles 5.concepts 6.conventions and 7.techniques which are being applied in the process of accounting. it Expresses the why and how to do how to do various aspects of accounting.